According to recent market studies by marketing research firm IDC, by the year 2014 smartphone shipments are projected to surpass 1 BILLION for the first time ever! This is just another astounding number in a long list of statistics that illustrate the recent smartphone and mobile device explosion. It is pretty apparent that the mobile market is larger than ever before, but a majority of people, and businesses, are still not fully aware of the sheer vastness of the entire mobile market and the opportunities it presents. Here is a list of mobile marketing statistics 2014 list that will assuredly shock and surprise you and hopefully open your eyes and mind to something you were not aware of before.
- Apple and Android make up over 75% of the smartphone market.
- 30% of American consumers use mobile devices for shopping.
- 80% of physicians use their mobile devices while they are at work.
- If your mobile site isn’t working correctly, 46% of those who visited your site will NEVER return again.
- 1 in 4 mobile users will redeem a coupon via a mobile device by 2014.
- 4% of American tablet owners use their tablets to shop 2-3 times a month.
- This year alone, mobile commerce will make up 15% of ALL eCommerce sales.
- Mobile advertising revenue is projected to increase from $9 billion last year to $11 billion this year.
- American mobile marketing will reach over $7 billion in 2013, and Google will take home over half of it.